DOWNS SAILING CLUB CONDITIONS OF CLUBHOUSE HIRE
1. The clubroom may be hired by adult Members only.
2. Application for hire must be made with an initial payment of £20.00 Balance of hire fee and refundable deposit, to be paid 14 days before the event. If less than 5 days notice of cancellation is given all or part of the initial payment may be retained.
3. The following charges apply: £10 per hour (minimum 4 hours) If more than 50% of those attending are club members, his fee will be reduced by 50%.
4. The Hirer is liable for all damage to club equipment, furnishings and other property
(including cleaning costs where necessary) caused during the period of the hire by any person.
5. A deposit of £40, or a sum equal to the hire charge, which ever is the greater, is payable with the balance of the hire fee. This may be withheld in whole or part to meet the cost of cleaning, damage or any other costs for which the Hirer is responsible ie; unless special arrangements have been made the hirer is expected to wash up and put away all glasses, crockery and cutlery and to leave the club in a clean and tidy state; remove all equipment and decorations brought into the club for the function; dispose of all rubbish; turn off all heaters and electrical equipment. If this is not undertaken, the whole or an appropriate part of the deposit will be forfeited. Any outstanding balance of such costs will remain due from the Hirer.
6. Only Full Adult Club Members are allowed behind the bar.
7. The Hirer will comply with the terms of the Club’s liquor licence. Only alcohol purchased at the club bar can be consumed on the premises. Sales may only be to adult members or temporary members of the club within the normal licensing hours, ie: not later than 11.00pm on weekdays and Saturdays and 10.30pm on Sundays.
However, it is appreciated the Hirer may wish, on certain special occasions [e.g. a wedding reception], to supply their own still wine or champagne. This will only be permitted when agreed in advance with the executive committee. The wine must be supplied free of charge to guests and not served over the bar, but placed on the tables. A corkage fee of £2 per bottle [75cl] will apply and must be paid to the club treasurer no later than days after the function. Any other drink must be purchased from the bar.
8. No nails, screws or other fixings shall be driven into any walls, floors, furnishings or other parts of the premises.
9. The number of persons using the premises shall not exceed the number notified in advance to the secretary. The maximum number permitted to use the hall is 100.
10. The Club expressly disclaim all liability for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any person using the club premises including any such arising through any defect in the premises or any fixtures and fittings.
11. The Hirer and his guests must vacate the premises by midnight.
12. The Hirer will leave the premises secure and the alarm properly set.
13. Breach of any of the above conditions may result in future bookings refused andmembership of the club withdrawn.